Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

I know, I know it is a few days late. Still hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas. Hope Santa brought you everything you wanted. I know he did for me and my family. I love Christmas time. All the planning, stressing, buying, wrapping etc. Then BAM it's over. LOL. You know the phrase "Christmas is for the children"? Well they are not lying. Man Deuce got so much stuff for Christmas from everyone. He was so excited. He is still flying on excitement and it is days after the fact. LOL.

I started out at work. It wasn't so bad and I got lots of things done which was good. I always like to get everything accomplished that I set out to do so I was feeling good. When I got back to town Deuce's Nanny came by to bring him his present. So the two of us went to pick him up from the babysitter's house and pick up some food. So by the time we got Deuce and our food and got back to the house, Nick was home from work. So that was cool. Deuce opened his present from Nanny Liz and was so pumped up. He got two stuffed frogs ( he loves frogs) and the movie Wall-E on DVD. We gave Nanny Liz her presents. She got a frog cookie jar. Yes she shares Deuce's love for the frog. Or maybe it is the other way around...lol. So we watched the Wall-E movie and that was really cute. Then we started to get ready for the rest of the evening.

Christmas Eve we went to my Uncle John's house in Lafayette. It was nice to have just about all of my family there. Uncle Doc and his family didn't make it. We took a family picture with all the grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Deuce was the only great-grandchild there and we were missing Cameron the other great-grandchild and two of my cousins for the grandchildren side. But our picture came out really nice. I was looking at the pictures the other day and realized that there are two generations in that picture. My cousins and I are one generation and Deuce is all by himself in a new generation. Crazy stuff. Makes me feel a bit old. Oh well can't do anything about that.

We had lots of great food and conversation while at Uncle John's. Aunt Jane cooked gumbo and it was fantastic. Deuce had a nice white shirt on but ended up spilling gumbo all over himself so my cousin David gave him a t-shirt to change into. (that's why he had the Breaux Bridge shirt on) It was so humid on Christmas Eve, I though an elephant was sitting on my chest. But we are so used to that.

After we left Uncle John's we headed back to Breaux Bridge and went to my parents house. We celebrated with both my mom and Dad's families that night. We always have done that so this year was no different. We exchanged presents and I swear Deuce got so much stuff it wasn't even funny. My Aunt Anne was sitting next to me on the sofa and had what seemed to be a never ending supply of presents for Deuce. It was great watching him open is stuff. Everything he opened was what he always wanted. That was good. I think if we would have wrapped just a box and gave it to him he would have been excited about having an empty box to play with. Doesn't take a whole lot to please him...hope it stays that way. LOL!!!!

After we exchanged presents we hung around for a little while and then it was time to get going. When we got home it was time for Deuce to go to bed so that Santa could pass. So we put him to bed and then we got ready for bed and I am sure Santa passed sometime while we were sleeping. In the morning Deuce was so excited. He started yelling from his room to us that it was time to get up. So we got up and saw what Santa brought him. He got a Spider-Man 5-in-1 super web slinger. You can shoot webs, darts, and some other things with it. He loved it. Again everything he opened was what he always wanted. He was so hysterical.

Hubby Nick got everything he wanted as well. He got a new game for his PSP, the Iron Gym, and the big one: a new cell phone. His other one was really bad and he couldn't hear anything on it anymore. So he was happy about the new one.

I got everything I wanted as well. I got the movie 300 (let me just say Gerald Butler....mmmmm) David Cook's cd (he won American Idol last year) and the big one: a foot spa!!! I was so happy!!!!

After we opened presents we hung around for a while and then got ready and went to spend the rest of the day at my Uncle Doc's. It was really fun and such a nice day.

So that is what we did for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I will be posting pictures as well. So hope the Christmas season was great for everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment